Today Automatic doors are seen everywhere but why have they become so popular?
Automatic entrances are not just a convenience; they have become a common site in our hospitals, shopping centres and local shops.
Below is a brief list of reasons why I believe the automation of doors has become more popular.
TOP REASONS TO BUY AN AUTOMATIC DOOR
- Safety– With today’s modern sensors and the BS7036:1996 safety standards, doors are incredibly safe. Fail safe devices and procedure mean accidents are rare.
- Customers prefer automatic doors– Research proves that consumers prefer auto doors and expect to see them at: hospitals, airports, hotels/motels, shopping centre entrances and retail stores.
- Aesthetics– These types of door come in a wide range of finishes, from stainless to powdercoating. A well designed entrance can add significance and stature to your business.
- Convenience– enabling easy access for all and instantly demonstrate to users that the establishment cares about their visitors.
- Your image– Automatic doors are impressive and give your building a certain status.
- Low maintenance– Automatics are extremely reliable. They are often operated thousands of times a day and last for several years without any trouble
- Free– In most circumstances, a UK based business, will purchase a new entrance to the sum of several thousand pounds. This purchase can be a “capital allowance” and your accountant can depreciate it over several years. This often equates to the actual cost of the system being negligible. (Please consult your accountant for exact rules and allowance).
- Cost effective– Automatic doors practically pay for themselves when you consider the energy saving on the building’s heating and the increased image and convenience factors for your customers.
- DDA compliance– Automatic doors allow unhindered access for all your customers without persecution no matter their mobility.
- Work with professionals– Automatic door systems are quite complicated and any company wanting to install them must go through a vigorous training program and ideally join the “Automatic Door Suppliers Association”.
- Choice– There are several different types of automatic door: swing doors, sliding doors, folding doors, balanced doors, revolving doors and low energy swing doors. This means that there is always a solution available to solve your access issues.
- Security– A wide range of locking solutions are available within automatic doors. Features such as timers and controlled access mean you can open or close your building without even being present.
- Energy Efficient– Automatic doors effectively reduce wasted energy and often considerably lessen annual heating and cooling costs.
- Diagnostics– Some automatic systems have “self diagnostics”. This means faults and necessary repairs can be quickly identified. Down time of your door is, therefore, kept to a minimum.
- Information– Systems can be introduced to count frequency of operations. This allows the customer to calculate busy trading periods and/or the number of visitors through the door set.
- Advertising space– Often door systems are made of slim aluminium sections with vast areas of glass. This can be used as an additional advertising space for your business.
I’m sure there are possibly more reasons but this is all I can think of at the moment.